Sunday, April 15, 2012

Looking Towards The Future

In the next few months, things in my life, my home, are going to change so much. I'll be driving, starting in the fall I'll be in high school, and one of my sisters might move out (I won't go into detail about that though, cause every time I think about it I end up crying). I know I've done posts before about high school, but everyday, it gets closer and closer, and I think about it more and more. Going into high school is going to be way fun, but way sad at the same time. I'm going to lose some friends who will be going to different schools, but I'm going to get the opportunity to meet new ones. Now I'm not religious, but I do believe that everything happens for a reason. So if you lose a friend, to me that means that your just opening a spot in your heart and your life for an even better one to come along. Everything has a purpose, if it didn't, then what would be the point of living? Anyway, it does make me sad to think that I'm going to be losing friends, but I am going to get the chance to meet and make even better ones. The ones I don't lose, even though we'll be split apart, will be the friends that I want to keep. The ones that I really don't want to lose. Losing friends has always been a kind of sensitive thing with me, which is why this "split" makes me nervous. I just have to tell myself that if we are really close enough, then we won't let the difference of schools get between us. I've watched it happen with all three of my sisters and their friends, it makes me sad to think of who I might lose.
Now, onto driving... Well that's an entirely different thing. My family and I are very outdoorsy so I've driven four-wheelers, a boat, wave runners, etc., but none of them is like driving a car. Now, I've only driven twice since I got my permit a few weeks ago, but it's pretty hard. I can never seem to figure out how far back the gas pedal is, so I think it's a lot further back than it really is so sometimes I've hit the gas a little bit harder than I've meant to. Considering that the two times I have driven it's been in two different cars might have something to do with it, but it still makes me nervous. You kind of have to have a quick reaction time, especially with all the crazy drivers out there who don't really care about how they might possibly be endangering the lives of others. Let's just say that my reaction time isn't as fast as it should be. I'm just hoping that I'll get enough practice in before I take the test sometime later in the summer. If all goes well, I won't have to walk to school in the winter, and I think it'd be worth it to save my fingers and toes. I don't mind walking outside when it's warm, or even slightly chilly, but give me snow or huge winds and you can forget about it. I've been there, and done that, and it is not at all fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment