Sunday, April 22, 2012

A Little Bit of This and That....

Well, let's just say that it's been a very interesting weekend. I know that I'm basically saying in every post that I really can't wait for school to be out, but It's true. This weekend, I got to go driving again, and lets just say that it wasn't even nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Especially compared to the first time I drove. This time, I drove to my grandmas house and I didn't mix up the gas and the break this time, luckily.
One of my favorite things to do, is read. Recently I've been having to read a lot of different things for school, but I'm finally finding a little bit of time to read what I want, and I couldn't be happier. For world book day, my mom was chosen to receive 20 copies of a book from the list. Of the books of choice, she was given her first choice, The Stand by Stephen King. Stephen King's books have always amazed me and fascinated me and now I have another one and I'm just so excited to read it. I can't wait for a new story to fall into.
I know it's sad, but once this year is over ( school year that is) I probably won't write on here very much. I know I keep saying how excited I am for this school year to be over, but I'm also really, really bummed. After this year, we'll all branch off and become either Lancers or Darts, and then well rivalry and separation will begin. I honestly love being a Falcon, and I wish that I could just go back a few months, and then just pause time. If I could do that, then I would never have to worry about losing friends, or being nervous about high school.
I know I always act like I've got it under control but honestly, I'm freaking out most of the time. I always act like I know what's going to happen because I've got 5 older sisters, 3 of which I live with so I tell people, "Oh yeah! High school will go like this... and then this." Well, you can't really say that because every group of people is different. I'm friends with completely different types of people than my sisters were, so I honestly have no idea how things will turn out. I just say what I hope will happen, "When I get my drivers license, and I can pick up other people, I'll come get you at 5 in the morning and we'll go to breakfast before school!" Yeah, now that I think about it, I know it's sad to say, but I doubt that will happen.We'll see though, I mean like I said, you never now what will happen with people.
I'm really nervous about this next year, and I don't quite know what to expect, but I' going to go into it with a positive attitude, and make the best of it.
On a completely different note, I found out the other day that something I wrote for Letters For Literature is going to the state level of the competition. I'm really excited because I've never had anything like this happen before, I guess we'll see how it goes. Anyway, it's getting late, and I gotta go to bed, so goodnight internet!

No comments:

Post a Comment