Sunday, January 22, 2012

L.A. Weatherly's "Angel Burn"

Willow Fields' world is thrown upside down after giving a physic reading to a schoolmate, Beth. Willow doesn't know why she has physic powers, or what they mean, but Angel Killer Alex Kylar does. When Alex receives a message concerning his next target saying, "ENEMY SIGHTED, PAWTUCKET NY. RESIDENCE: 34 NESBIT STREET" he doesn't know what he's getting into. This assignment, changes his whole world. When he finds himself protecting his enemy, and eventually falling in love, his whole world changes, and another angel invasion could put humanity on the brink of death. L.A. Weatherly's "Angel Burn" is a new type of book where angels are not all kind and sweet as they are usually portrayed.

I liked this book a lot, because it had a lot of action, but that wasn't all it was. One thing I like a lot was how the angels weren't all sweet and kind like they are usually portrayed in our world. In the book, angels have invaded our world, and they are sending humanity to it's death. "There was an angel flying towards her... The woman's life energy came into my view. I could see it draining, collapsing in on itself, fading from a vibrant pink to a dull gray." That quote is just one example of how the angels are portrayed as evil, and here is another one. "The angel curled his lip. ' I think not actually. It's time now for you to both die the way you were supposed to in the first place.'  Shifting back into his angel form he surged strait towards them wings flashing."

Seeing as there were only really two main characters, I didn't really have a favorite. There weren't a lot of characters that you got to know really well, but Alex and Willow were my two favorites. I liked them both because they overcame a lot of differences, and well, I just liked them.

I would have to say my favorite part of the book, (this isn't a big spoiler but if you haven't read it and plan on reading the book skip to the next paragraph) was when Alex bought her the necklace. If you've read the book, you know what that means. The description of the necklace was really beautiful as well. I would definitely read this again, and I plan on reading the sequel. I think that a sequel is going to be really interesting, but back to the book now.

I like the style of writing and how it showed everything from several different characters' POV's. It was really cool to know what they were thinking. I would recommend this book to people who like books with angels in them and have read books like Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick, Divergent by Veronica Roth, and even Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. I know these books are all different in plot and storyline, but I think that they are all similar in writing style, etc. I think that people who have read those books will definitely like Angel Burn.

No comments:

Post a Comment