Sunday, February 12, 2012

Sisters.... What Would I Do Without Them?

They're my best friends, my worst enemies (sometimes), and the people I couldn't live without. It has always shocked me when people say that they hate having a sister, or that they can't stand their sister. Yeah, there will always be times when you are in fights with them, or the times when you really just can't stand them, but what about all the other times? I have tons and tons of amazing memories with my sisters, whether it is just summer movie nights, childhood memories, or whatever. They're there for me when I need it most.
Just a warning, this post is going to be full of cheese, but sometimes you can't help it. One of my favorite memories with my sisters is just an extremely simple one, any of the days we spent at the park when we were little. We would run around and around the park, playing tag, pushing each other on the "merry go round", ( if you don't know what I mean, and really want to know, look up "playground merry go round". You'll quickly understand.), tossing frisbees at each other, kicking around a soccer ball, or feeding the ducks.
Now, we're all a lot older, and we don't see each other much. It's really sad, but it makes me grateful for the time we do get together. Now, it may just be 10 minutes or so in between everyone's busy schedules. However, there are nights, like tonight, where most of us are home, and we can spend hours together. Nights like tonight are my favorite, because it means that once again I get to spend time with the most important people in my life. I don't know what I'd do without them. I love nights like tonight, but they also make me wish for the times when we were little. I want to go back to when all that mattered was who had what barbie. I mean seriously, when was the last time you had a problem as simple as that? Probably a long time.
I don't always want to go all the way back to when we were little though. Sometimes I just want to go back a few years, because then was the time when we were all at "mature" ages, though we didn't always act mature. I miss when we would go on long car rides and sing at the top of our lungs to songs like Waka Waka by Shakira, The one's for the girls by Martina McBride, and a lot of others. I miss the somewhat simpler times from then. Now it's sounding like I don't like anything in my life now, and that's not true. I love my life right now. I just miss my family. I'm grateful for the time we get to spend together, and I couldn't ask for more from them right now. I can't wait for when we are all older, and we get to spend the time together then, like how we used to. I  miss the past, I'm enjoying the present, and I'm eager for the memories we'll make in the future. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment