Monday, February 20, 2012

3 hours in a car? No Problem!

So... I know this post is a little late, sorry for that. Anyway, today has been crazy. Everyone knows that Utah is really popular for it's ski/snowboarding resorts. Well, today just proved that to me even further. A few years ago, around 2005 my family and I went tubing for the first time. Just in case you don't know what that is, just think about it. You hop in a tube, (you know like the round circular things?), and then you go down a hill of snow. So basically it's sledding, but in a tube. Anyway, so about 6 years ago we went for the first time, and we had a blast. I even managed to loose my hat in the middle of one of the tracks, and for quite a while almost anytime someone went down the hill they would hop out of their tube in the middle of the track, and then try to grab my hat. This went on for a while, and if you've been tubing before, you know how long it takes to get to the top of the hill, and then you have to wait out the lines. So, it was pretty strange, and awesome watching all these random people jumping out of their tubes to try to grab my hat. Eventually, after a lot of failures from a lot of different people, I had given up all hope of ever getting my hat back, but one of my sisters just had to try one more time. So, standing at the bottom of the tracks, we watched her go down the hill, jump out of her tube in the middle of it, and finally my hat was retrieved. I think it was at that point that everyone started cheering. We finished up the day without any incidents, and then we went home freezing, and soaking wet. It was a lot of fun.
The next year, 2006 we decided to go again, but I couldn't actually go tubing. I was having my heart surgery in a month (a story for a different time), and so I wasn't allowed to go because I was supposed to be taking it easy. So my sisters went tubing with my step dad, and me and my mom went and sat in McDonald's. Fun right? It actually was though. If I'm remembering this right (I don't always have the best memory) at the end of the day, right before we were going to leave, my mom let me go once. So I followed my step dad to the area where you and your tube are pulled up the hill, and up we went. Once the ride was over, you know the one to get up the hill, there was still quite a hike, so my step dad, being as awesome as he is, pulled me in my tube the rest of the way because I was supposed to be taking it easy. We got to the top, I went down and it was a blast.
Anyway, so this year we wanted to go again because we hadn't gone in a long time. Well, it's a pretty long drive up there, about an hour and a half, and we were really excited to go. Sadly, we were missing three of our "troop" because they were working, and my mom has a bad back, so she decided to stay. Anyway, so after a long drive up, we were so excited to get out of the car. So we went into the resort, and waited while my step dad went to go buy the tickets, and then... Bad news. They were sold out. With one last sliver of hope, we drove down a grocery store, hoping they would have a few more tickets, but at the time, it was 2:30 and sadly they didn't have tickets with times until 5:00. So, we drove one and a half hours back home. Making a total of three hours in the car. So, we got home, removed a few layers of coats and scarfs, and decided to go to a movie. The movie? Chronicle. Let's just say it was interesting.... Anyway, I should probably wrap this up. So basically, today has been crazy. Oh, and did I mention that one of my favorite people, my step sister, came out from Georgia yesterday? Yeah, so it's been a pretty great weekend.

1 comment:

  1. It's crazy how similar you and your sister's posts are, and yet how different! :D

    ReplyDelete