Monday, March 05, 2012

Healthier Changes

Okay, so the other day I blogged about my heart. This post was originally going to be that one, but I didn't want it to be too long, so I kind of split them into 2. Anyway, so this one is kind of a continuation of that one. A month or so ago, I had another cardiology appointment, the first one in like 2ish years. It went well, but I was told that there were still a lot of things I could be doing to keep my heart in better shape. Everything I do, I think about whether or not it is good for my heart, as cheesy as that sounds. I don't even know if cheesy is the word I'm looking for but oh well. Anyway, (I think I say that a lot, I guess that means I should stop straying from my topics) So lately my sisters and I have been going to the gym. Several months ago, my older sister started going to the gym, and since then she has lost a lot of weight, and gained a lot of self confidence. I'm so proud of her, and she is my inspiration to do the same things. So, recently I've been going to the gym and overall I'm hoping to get myself and my heart in better shape. I feel like I was given a second chance, because my life was saved, so I need to cherish it and take care of my body the best I can.
So as I said above, my whole inspiration is my sister, who has already done so much for herself. I feel like I'm starting a new journey, and as well as getting in better shape and losing weight, in the next month or so, I'll get my drivers permit. I'm really excited for the changes to come. My sister always says that you choose whether or not to be happy, and it's completely true. I hope that as I get older, I can be even somewhat like my sisters, they inspire me so much everyday, and I look up to them. Everyday, I look around, and I'm so appreciative of the life I have. I have a the best family who support me in everything I do, and try to steer me to the right way when I'm lost. I'm gonna be really sad when my sisters start moving out. I don't know what I"m gonna do without them, but they'll still be around, just not as much.
I am so excited to start this new "journey", as strange as that sounds. I think that it's going to help me become a healthier, happier, more confident person. I never used to like gym class, and so I never thought I would like going to the gym and working out, but it's completely different when it isn't forced, you do it at your time, speed, and place. Anyway, I'm excited for this new "chapter" in my life, and I think it's going to help me a lot in being even happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment